Vision and core values
1. To be “a house of prayer” for all Nations. Isaiah 56:1-7
2. To make disciples for our Lord Jesus Christ. Matthew 28:19-20
Our core values:
• Jesus Christ indwells, empowers and uses His Church, through the Holy Spirit.
• The Holy Spirit directs every area of church life.
• Baptism by immersion in water, baptism in the Holy Spirit and the manifestation of the gifts of the Holy Spirit are highly encouraged.
• Members are both hearers and doers of the word of God as revealed in the Bible.
• Prayer moves the life of the church.
• Church-in-the-home functions as the basic church.
• No other mid-week meeting competes with church-in-the-home.
• Evangelism mainly flows out of churches-in-homes.
• The church grows as the churches-in-homes grow and multiply.
• Potential leaders are constantly being developed.
• Leaders are called by God.
• Leaders are appointed as Spirit-filled individuals. They manifest faithfulness, availability, a teachable attitude and fruitfulness in particular areas of ministry.
• Leaders are called to serve.
• Opportunities are provided to equip members for ministry and mission.
• Children and youth participate fully in church life.
• Churches-in-homes worship together as a whole church on Sundays.
• Churches-in-homes participate in whole church events.
• Members are encouraged to use their gifts and talents according to the leading of the Holy Spirit.
• Task groups and teams undertake specific roles and missionary activities.
• Ministries to the poor are highly encouraged, at individual and corporate levels.
• Ministries to communities, institutions and the nations are encouraged.
• Financial resources come mainly from the voluntary giving of tithes and offerings. Members are encouraged to be obedient and faithful in this area; demonstrating their trust in God, as disciples of our Lord Jesus.